Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Didn't I



I spent the entire Memorial Day Weekend at work until about midnight. Still managed to head out and enjoy the weekend though. From the late night bar b q's to the few hours i managed to scrape up on the sofa at the lounge. Good Times. This weekend, as well as the past few, have showed me that everyone has a purpose and a reason for walking into your life. I lost a long time friend recently over some petty foolishness but seems to have gained a handful of career minded, health conscious and fun ones..lol.

Ive been in the gym every day this week as well. That is even on those long work days. then trying to squeeze in a few brainstorming ideas on top of my everyday responsibilities && trying to show up at these events and priavate affairs becomes a tad bit tiresome. Good thing i have today off, that'll be spent looking for another job and cleaning my home. Ive been kinda avoiding a call from this potential business partner for the last few days, ive just been a lil overwhelmed and its not purely because im not in the mood for conversation but that i get the call at the most inopportune times: during work, late at night, or early in the am, and i do mean EARLY.

I have not gotten as much physically done as i'd have liked to this weekend but i did get alot of spur the moment ideas down on paper, concepts and roughdrafts as well. All the while this weekend my playlist was set to repeat on Leela James, Ledisi and some earlier Keri Hilson tracks. Felt good, took my mind off of alot of the goings ons around me. Maybe not the wisest way of dealing with everyday work related issues but it darn sure felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment